Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lifeway to Research Calvinism in the SBC

Baptist Press has written an article entitled, "LifeWay Research: Calvinism in the SBC slated as first study". It will be interesting to see how this report will be presented and what their findings will be. I find it interesting also that Dr. Tom Rainer, the new president of Lifeway, came to his post from Southern Seminary under Dr. Al Mohler. Also, Dr. Rainer has spearheaded the creation of "Lifeway Research" since his taking over the helm at Lifeway. Dr. Rainer chose Brad Waggoner to lead "Lifeway Research" who is also from Southern Seminary.

In the past, I would have been very suspicious about this announcement. However, with Dr. Mohler's influence and the rise of dialogue regarding Calvinism in the SBC, I am curious and hopeful. I am praying that truth will prevail and God called men will stand up for His Word and not be pressured by politics or power brokers.

2 Comments:

Blogger peter lumpkins said...

Dear CR,

I too am glad the study is going to take place. I wonder if Lifeway will focus on Founder-friendly Churches. Moreso, I wonder, if they do focus on FFCs, if Dr. Lemke's research will be validated or invalidated.

Have a great evening. With that, I am...

Peter

5:06 PM  
Blogger Christopher Redman said...

Peter,

I'm not privy to any details at all. It will be interesting to see how things go and further to see if this report influences the Executive Committees report to the SBC.

BTW, it is good to be back. I've been traveling over the holiday. Thanks for checking in.

Blessings,

Chris

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home